Sweet potato toast has been my go-to lately! This toast is so delicious and you can top it with anything. Just like normal toast, you can enjoy it however you like, while offering more nutrients. Sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamins A, B6, and C, potassium, and fiber!
This way of toast is great option for those with Celiac or a gluten intolerance like myself. It is great for anytime of the day and is both paleo and whole 30 approved.
Sounds great right? Here’ s how to do it:
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10-20 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
1 medium sweet potato
Everything seasoning from trader joes (I am obsessed)
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Optional toppings: avocado, fried egg, nut butter, banana, honey granola, yogurt, jam, etc.
1. Wash sweet potato and slice about ~ 1/4 inch thick.
2. Rub a little bit of oil(I used coconut oil) on each side of the slices
3. Place in a toaster oven and toast as you would normally toast bread. Toast both sides, so flip over after about 5 minutes. This may take longer to cook depending on the thickness of the sweet potato slices.
**** or places the slices on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 5- 10 minutes on each side.Putting the oven at broil will make the toast crispier, just watch to make sure they don’t burn.
4. After they are crispy and at your desired “toastiness,” remove from the oven and top with whatever you are craving!
*I love mashed avocado + sea salt + pepper+ everything but the bagel sesame seasoning.
** Nut butter and banana is another one of my favs.
*** A fried egg is great too! I love when the yolk cracks all over the sweet potato!